Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 6: Filling the Funnel is Fun

Sometime the hardest thing I have to do is making prospect calls. I know that I am not alone on this part of the sales machine. I can’t say I love to make the call and have the gate keeper screen me by saying, “And what is this about?” in a very suspicious voice. I know that it is a numbers game and that if I am not making the calls daily my sales will dry up.


I have decided as of today that making the calls is Fun. It is all in the way I approach it. Attitude really is everything. I offer the best products in the country when it comes to fencing material. The key to calling is knowing that my products fill needs that others have.


Here are my steps to making calls.

  • I don’t waste time because I know who I am calling.
  • I have a message they would want to hear and if I don’t get the person it was not meant to be.
  • Every person I call is a VIP. If it is the president of the company or the office hired part time student doing an intern, they have a job to do and they are doing it to the best of their ability.
  • I don’t keep them on the phone more then a few minutes because I know the message and I know that if a person takes the time out of their busy day it is an honor.
  • I check off a goal list how many calls I make as to how many I said I was going to do.
  • I celebrate every day when my task is done.
So if you have a list to call and it means life or death of your company, make the calls but make it fun. Give yourself an M&M or a cup of coffee at the end of your call time. Set a specific time and get-er-done. My friend Brigid says to me all the time, “Done is done!”


Well on the goal to “735” each call could be “The Call”. I wonder if one call will lead to the million dollar sale. I will never know if I don’t fill the funnel each day.


Jon, “Your Fence Man on Wheels”
Call me anytime: 888.856.0551

No comments:

Post a Comment