I have decided as of today that making the calls is Fun. It is all in the way I approach it. Attitude really is everything. I offer the best products in the country when it comes to fencing material. The key to calling is knowing that my products fill needs that others have.
- I don’t waste time because I know who I am calling.
- I have a message they would want to hear and if I don’t get the person it was not meant to be.
- Every person I call is a VIP. If it is the president of the company or the office hired part time student doing an intern, they have a job to do and they are doing it to the best of their ability.
- I don’t keep them on the phone more then a few minutes because I know the message and I know that if a person takes the time out of their busy day it is an honor.
- I check off a goal list how many calls I make as to how many I said I was going to do.
- I celebrate every day when my task is done.
So if you have a list to call and it means life or death of your company, make the calls but make it fun. Give yourself an M&M or a cup of coffee at the end of your call time. Set a specific time and get-er-done. My friend Brigid says to me all the time, “Done is done!”
Well on the goal to “735” each call could be “The Call”. I wonder if one call will lead to the million dollar sale. I will never know if I don’t fill the funnel each day.
Jon, “Your Fence Man on Wheels”