Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 12: It’s not so bad!

I am developing a friendship with Larry Ellis of Ellis Dynamic Solutions. We have been praying for each other on a daily basis. In business it is always good to seek advice from the Creator of the Universe. Larry surprised me today when he said he was praying for something more important than me. I as a gassed thinking that I was moving into second place… Until I read the rest of the email.


“Five times at the computer today and you’re still first in line on the prayer list, but, you’re about to drop from that number 1 spot. The poorest country in the western hemisphere, Haiti, has been devastated by a massive earthquake. These poor people have nowhere to go and nowhere to turn (except to our Father). I don’t know how many there are Christian, but I do know how many of them God created, loves, and wants to spend eternity with. They need prayer, genuine heartfelt, emotional prayer. I know your heart, and I know you feel love for these people right now too. Somehow adding myself at the end of this last prayer just didn’t feel like I was in the same class of need. You know what I mean.

I have no idea what it must be like. I have never been without a roof over my head or food in my stomach. I have never lost someone in nature’s fury. All I know is what I have seen on TV about people in Katrina, or the movies about the San Francisco earthquake.

Maybe business is really designed to be able to assist other. Maybe that is why to him who is given much much will be required.

If you are interested in giving to help the people in Haiti, Here is a link to the American Red Cross.

“When you give to the least of these you give to me.” Jesus said.


Jon, "Your fence man on wheels."
President and CEO

No comments:

Post a Comment