Question: Do you have to have a computer and power to use a card reader?
Answer: It is not necessary to have a computer to program your cards and no you do not need to have power in order to you a card reader.
When price and ease of use are important the StandAlone Mechanical card readers from American Access Systems fits the bill. There is no programming necessary with the 11-024 StandAlone card reader. You can be up and running within hours. No power or programming required, this is one of the simplest card readers available today!
- Unlimited card capacity
- No power required
- 12VAC night light is included
- Limited two year warranty
- Each StandAlone Mechanical card reader features a high grade stainless steel faceplate with a heavy metal, powder coated enclosure.
- To use, simply unlock the faceplate and install the program cartridge.
- Then, when a card is inserted into the slot, the relay will close and the gate / door will open.
- That's it. It's that simple! Since there is no programming required, an unlimited amount of cards may be used with each reader, making this a perfect solution for a low cost / low security application!
If you have a question about your security question email me or call and I will have the answer for find it for you.
Jon, "Your Fence Man on Wheels"
Toll Free: 888.856.0551