I love to read business books. Right now I am reading three:
“The Field Guide to Sales” by Debbie Mrazek
“52 Weeks to Sales Success” by Ralph R. Roberts
“Email Selling Techniques” by Stephan Schiffman
However the Book I love to read the most about working, sales, and management is the book of Proverbs of Solomon written between 960 and 922 BC. His thoughts were remarkable and if you read today’s writers like Tracy, Rohn, and Canfield you will find traces of Solomon in their writing. It is said in the Bible that Solomon was the wisest person of all times… not just of his time but all times.
I have gone through the book of Proverbs for about 3 years and have come up with 19 principles that can be applied to business. These are great principles to build a business around.
Here are just two...
Principle 1: When you work… Work hard! brian tracy says this a lot
- Pro. 14:23 All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
- Pro. 10:04 Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth.
- Pro. 12:24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor.
- Pro. 28:19 A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies ends up in poverty.
- Pro. 20:13 If you love sleep, you will end in poverty. Keep your eyes open, and there will be plenty to eat!
Principle 2: There are seasons of work for all companies. Discover yours and make a plan to accomplish your work when it is to be done.
- Pro. 10:05 He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
You can download the other 17 for free by going to http://bit.ly/Business-principles
I am looking for the 20th and thought someone else may have found one... Let me know and of course I will add it to the list.